SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — SCORE National has presented SCORE Southwest Missouri with its inaugural Mid-West Region Most Improved Chapter of the Year – 2020 award. The local SCORE chapter saw improvement in just about every measurable category in FY20, with some highlighted below (all categories compared to FY19):
- Total Unique Clients Mentored – Up 27% (277 total)
- Total Mentoring Sessions – Up 58% (831 total)
- Client services of mentoring and workshops – Up 28% (2,016 total)
In addition to the increases noted above, other notable achievements recognized by SCORE National were:
- The second annual SCORE E3 Women’s Conference, held virtually this past year due to the pandemic, hosted almost 100 attendees. This conference has helped raise the profile of SCORE in the community and has resulted in a volunteer group that is 36% female and 13.5% minority, thus working to achieve SCORE’s goals for Inclusion and Diversity as the chapter strives to better reflect the community it serves.
- SCORE Southwest Missouri opened a new office space in the Missouri State University efactory complex, thereby improving networking and referral systems with other business focused organizations.
“Even in the midst of all the turbulence from the past year, the Southwest Missouri chapter was able to make a huge impact in the Southwest Missouri small business community” said Regional Vice President, Raymond Berger.
“We are honored to receive such recognition from SCORE National”, says SCORE Southwest Missouri Chapter Chair, Bob Headlee. “Our volunteers have a passion for business and are committed to the success of Southwest Missouri small businesses. Please join me in honoring the volunteers of SCORE Southwest Missouri for their tremendous accomplishments and dedication to SCORE’s mission!”