CARTHAGE, Mo. — The Carthage R-9 Board of Education met in regular session on Monday, September 19, 2022, 6:00 pm, at Carthage South Technical Center. Present were Board members Niki Cloud, Karen Wilkinson, Nathan Terry, Patrick Scott, and Ryan Collier. Bill Lasley was absent.
Niki Cloud led the Pledge of Allegiance.
The Board approved the Consent Agenda for the purpose of approving the meeting agenda, minutes of previous meeting, payment of bills, district financial report, FY22 final budget, Southwest Missouri special services cooperative (Beacon) agreement, and Columbian chiller bid.
Matt Huntley, Assistant Superintendent of Instruction, and Beth Hunt, Curriculum Director, presented a CSIP/MSIP update regarding the overall goals and requirements, as well as, a CSIP/MSIP 6 overview.
Kim Ensminger, Early Childhood Director, and Kamie Bourgault, Parents as Teachers Director, provided an Evaluative Report on Early Childhood Education. Missouri Early Learning Standards have been implemented in all Carthage R-9 pre-school classrooms. Developing and enhancing quality educational and instructional programs, resources, and support services are in place to improve student achievement and enable all students to meet their personal, academic, and career goals.
Mr. Jones provided a Carthage R-9 Foundation update. Trivia night fundraiser is happening November 12th at Bykota Church and the Major Saver card campaign is coming up.
Dr. Baker updated the Board regarding the following:
- September 19 – Already one month into 2022-2023 school year
- October 3, 2022 – no school – staff professional development day
- Fall sports and activities in full swing. Great to support Tigers regardless of activity. It is always a great day to be a Tiger!
- Check out district website and district social media outlets. Contact Amy Cristy, Communication Specialist, with any questions.
- Thank you to Mrs. Jones and her students
- Next Month – CSIP/MSIP 6 information
- October Board Meeting – October 17, 2022 at Columbian Elementary
- As always, remember CHILDREN’S BEST INTEREST!